Season 5 Reloaded is live in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone. This midseason update adds a brand-new Faction Showdown weapon camo event, allowing you to get some new camos to customize your weapons and vehicles.
There are two parts to the challenge this season: weapon camos and vehicle skins. Both parts of the event challenge are available from now until the end of the season, and completing the challenges will reward you with camos that can only be earned during this limited-time event.
How to earn Season 5 Reloaded weapon camos
The Faction Showdown challenges will earn you two unique and universal weapon camos. The first weapon camo you’ll unlock is the Eddies camo, but you’ll need to unlock it for every weapon class to earn the additional mastery camo.
- Assault Rifles: Get 250 operator kills with an assault rifle
- Battle Rifles: Get 40 operator kills while prone with a battle rifle
- Marksman Rifles: Get 40 operator kills while using a suppressed marksman rifle
- Launchers: Get 75 enemy kills using launchers
- LMGs: Get 30 operator longshot kills using an LMG
- Melee: Get 30 enemy kills using melee weapons
- Handguns: Get 50 enemy headshot kills with a handgun
- Shotguns: Get 3 operator kills without dying 10 times using a shotgun
- SMGs: Get 100 operator headshot kills with an SMG
- Sniper Rifles: Get 50 operator headshot kills with a sniper rifle
Each of these challenges must be done while using a weapon from its related category–meaning for the launcher challenge, you must get 75 operator kills with any of the rocket launchers, and the shotgun challenge must be completed using a shotgun of your choice.
Completing all 10 event weapon challenges unlocks the mastery camo, and an event-themed weapon charm.
How to earn Season 5 Reloaded vehicle camos
Providing a new type of challenge this season, Season 5 Reloaded includes a set of vehicle-based challenges that will unlock new camos for your ride.
- JLTV: Get 30 enemy kills by running them over with the vehicle
- Armored Truck (DMZ Only): Ram 5 enemy vehicles at high speed
- ATV: Stay in the air while in the vehicle for 5 seconds
- Heavy Tank: Get 20 operator kills with either turret
- Hatchback: Get 10 operator kills while leaning out of the vehicle
- Light Helo: Refuel your helicopter at 10 different gas stations
- PWC: Visit 5 POIs while driving the vehicle
- Armored Patrol Boat: Get 20 enemy kills with the boat turret
- Dirt Bike: Perform 20 air tricks with the dirt bike
- MRAP: Get 30 operator kills using the turrets on the MRAP
Unlike the weapon camo challenges, you only need to complete six of the 12 available challenges to unlock the mastery rewards, which include a new weapon blueprint, a loading screen, and an emblem. However, if you want the event camo for all of your vehicles, you will need to complete each vehicle’s challenge.
It’s important to note the wording for each challenge. The challenges specifying “operator” mean you can only get credit for the kills on human opponents as AI enemies won’t count for the challenge.
However, challenges that specify “enemies” will count AI opponents, meaning these will be fastest in Invasion mode or Warzone 2’s DMZ, where there is an abundance of AI opponents to eliminate.
You’ll also want to choose your map and mode wisely for these. The many weapon camo challenges requiring operator kills will be best completed on a small map playlist like Shipment, while longshots will need to be on maps a bit larger than Shipment, so you’ll want to pick one of the standard playlists.
For the MRAP vehicle challenge, this can be completed in DMZ, but the easiest way to score kills with them will be Warzone’s new Armored Royale LTM. Other vehicle challenges such as the Heavy Tank and Hatchback challenges will likely be faster in a mode like multiplayer’s Ground War, where your opponents are more abundant.
The Faction Showdown weapon camo event will be available until the end of the season, so you have until September 26 to earn the rewards.
If you’re looking to get your hands on an MRAP for use in DMZ, make sure to check out our full guide on how to access the MRAP key.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
“Stay in the loop with the latest in the gaming world! Our games news brings you up-to-date information on upcoming releases, industry trends, gameplay updates, and more. From immersive RPGs to heart-pounding action games, we’ve got your source for all things gaming. Level up your knowledge with our bite-sized updates on the gaming universe.”